Episode 06 of What’s For Lunch is The Wedge Salad! Because sometimes you just need bacon and blue cheese.
- One Quartered Wedge Bibb or Iceberg Lettuce.
- 3 Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, quartered.
- 2 Pieces of Cooked Bacon, chopped.
- 4 Ounces Ranch Dressing.
- 2 Ounces Blue Cheese Crumbles.
- Freshly Cracked Pepper to taste.
- You need 2 strips of bacon per salad, so if you’re only making one salad for yourself then feel free to just pan fry two strips in a skillet until crispy. If you’re like me and will use bacon for more than just one salad throughout the week, or you’re making more than one salad, bake 1 lbs. of Bacon at 350°F for 25 minutes, flipping half way. Once cooked transfer to paper towel and set aside to drain.
- While bacon is in the oven, quarter one Bibb or head of Iceberg into four wedges. Use one per salad.
- Quarter three Cherry or Grape Tomatoes per salad.
- Chop cooked Bacon into small pieces for salad topping.
- Plate salad by pouring a dollop of buttermilk Ranch Dressing on the bottom of the plate. Smear in a circle using the back of a spoon. This will make the wedge stick in place.
- Coat top of wedge with Ranch Dressing so ingredients stick.
- Top with quartered Tomatoes, chopped Bacon, Blue Cheese Crumbles, and Freshly Cracked Pepper. Serve, and enjoy!