I’m going ultra easy slow cooker meal here, and it doesn’t matter because it tastes so good! I’m giving the Crock Pot brand’s BBQ Pulled Pork Seasoning Mix a try. You’ll find it on the spice aisle near all the other spices you were going to use to make your own seasoning.
The only thing is I’m using chicken instead of pork, and man is it good! You just need a few ingredients, a slow cooker of at least 4 quarts in size, and six hours of your time.
Oh and I threw in my recipe for Carolina Slaw below as well. Enjoy!
Ingredients: (BBQ Sandwiches, Makes 8 Total)
- 2 lbs. Chicken Breast.
- 1 Packet BBQ Pulled Pork Seasoning Mix.
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth.
- 1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 1/2 Cup Ketchup.
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar.
- 8 Pepperidge Farm Sesame Seed Hamburger Buns.
Ingredients: (Coleslaw, Makes 20 Ounces)
- 2 Cups Chopped Cabbage.
- 1/3 Cup Diced Red Onion.
- 1/3 Cup Diced Carrot.
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise.
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream.
- 1 teaspoon Yellow Mustard.
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar.
- 1/2 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon Table Salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper.
- Fresh Lemon Juice squeezed from half a Lemon.
Nutrition Facts: (Per 1 Sandwich with Coleslaw)
- Calories: 370
- Total Fat: 7g
- – Saturated: 2g
- – Trans: 0g
- – Poly: 2g
- – Mono 2g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Sodium: 900mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 45g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 20g
- Protein: 33g
- Vitamin D: 0%
- Calcium: 8%
- Iron: 7%
- Potassium: 85mg
- Vitamin A: 12%
- Vitamin C: 7%
- In a 4.5 quart slow cooker add 2 lbs. chicken breast, 1 packet of Crock Pot brand BBQ Pulled Pork Seasoning Mix, 1 Cup Chicken Broth, 1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar, 1/2 Cup Ketchup, and 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar. Set to LOW and set a timer for SIX HOURS.
- While our BBQ Chicken is cooking now for the next six hours in our Crockpot, we can make our coleslaw! In a medium sized mixing bowl the following ingredients; 2 Cups Chopped Cabbage, 1/3 Cup Diced Red Onion, 1/3 Cup Diced Carrot, 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise, 1/4 Cup Sour Cream, 1 teaspoon Yellow Mustard, 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar, 1/2 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar, 1/2 teaspoon Table Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper, and freshly squeezed lemon juice from half a Lemon. Mix all ingredients together well and store refrigerator.
- At six hours, remove lid from Crock-Pot shred chicken. DO NOT remove chicken from slow cooker and shred on a plate separately. Use a hand mixer instead, and if you don’t have a hand mixer use two forks… Either way, shred until desired thickness just make sure you do it in the CrockPot with all the juices and flavors. If you do use a hand mixer start on the lowest speed first then increase gradually if necessary. I like my BBQ shredded ULTRA THIN for sandwiches, that’s up to you however.
- Build your sandwich. I recommend Pepperidge Farm Sesame Seed Buns for the buns they’re just so soft and classic for BBQ sandwiches. Add in the BBQ Chicken, N.C. southern style Coleslaw! And top it with the top half of your bun and serve.
You can do this with sliders, you can serve this recipe at parties as appetizers… Look, it’s really versatile! So however you want to do this, BBQ doesn’t just have to be pork and it certainly tastes great either way! Hope you enjoyed and please leave some feedback for everybody. Is there anything you would change? How do you Crock Pot BBQ? Cheers! Derek.