The May 2021 Burger of the Month is the Lemon Garlic Herb Aioli Turkey Burger! 400 calories per serving and loaded with flavor! If you’re craving a cheeseburger but are looking for a healthier option than beef, this Turkey Burger is the way to go.
Okay so it’s late spring and we’re about to hit summer and I’m sure everyone is watching their waste line at least a little… The “Burger of the Month” last month was the “Dijonnaise Chicken Burger” and this month I’m going with classic turkey burgers only done in even smaller portions as sliders!
So if you have that burger craving, I’m sure you can find a low calorie version in either April 2021 or this month, May 2021’s Burger of the Month!
These turkey burgers are to be cooked in a cast iron skillet of course, to keep them tender and juicy. I’ve also included instructions on how to make a lemon garlic herb aioli as well, which will take any burger to the next level!
Okay so without further ado, let’s get to it. Everything you need is below!
Ingredients: (Turkey Burgers, Makes 6-4oz Patties)
- 1 lbs. Ground Turkey 1 Large Egg 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs 1/2 Cup Diced Cremini Mushrooms 1/2 Cup Diced Shallot 1/3 Cup Chopped Parsley 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard Freshly Ground Salt and Pepper, 8-10 turns each. 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil (for cooking) 6 Slices of Baby Swiss Cheese (one for each burger) 6 Brioche Slider Buns (one for each burger) 3 Ounces of Baby Spinach (0.5 per burger) 2 Tomatoes (1 slice per burger)
Ingredients: (Lemon Garlic Herb Aioli)
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise 1/4 Cup Chopped Parsley 1/8 Cup Minced Garlic One small squeeze of Lemon Juice (2 teaspoons) Freshly Ground Salt and Pepper, 8-10 turns each.
Nutrition Facts: (Per 1 Burger)
- Calories: 400 Total Fat: 21g – Saturated: 6g – Trans: 0g – Poly: 2g – Mono: 5g Cholesterol: 101mg Sodium: 1,228mg Total Carbohydrates: 25g Dietary Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 25g Vitamin D: 0% Calcium: 16% Iron: 7% Potassium: 517mg Vitamin A: 21% Vitamin C: 5%
- Get out your cutting board and prep a few ingredients. You’ll need to chop a little over half a cup of bunch or Italian Parsley. Mince 1/2 cup of shallot. Mince 1/2 cup of Cremini mushrooms. And if you don’t already have prepared minced garlic, you’ll need to mince two cloves of garlic.
- In a small mixing bowl combine ingredients to make your aioli; Mayo, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Once combined give it a taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. Aioli may be refrigerated while you prep Turkey Burgers.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ingredients to make turkey burger mix; Ground turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, mushrooms, shallot, parsley, garlic, Dijon mustard, then freshly ground salt and peppercorn (8-10 turns each). Mix ingredients together.
- Patty burgers out into six patties total, which will be about 4 ounces each. You may adjust the amount of burger patties needed to serve your guests. I could have easily made these into eight total patties, closer to the size of sliders, at about 3 ounces each.
- In a cast iron skillet add avocado oil and bring heat up to medium incrementally. As heat starts to rise add in your patties. Since this is ground turkey I do not recommend searing. The internal temperature needs to be high enough to cook the patty all the way through by the time the outside begins to brown. So about 7-8 minutes per side on medium heat.
- Add a slice of swiss cheese or in my case baby swiss and serve! Now is the time to use that wonderful Aioli that you prepared earlier!