The May, 2021 “Munchie of the Month” is the Mini Mexi-Pizza! Inspired by Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizza, this saucy little thing is sure to satisfy your late night snack attack. Ingredients, Nutrition Facts, and Directions below.
Official Munchie Rules:
- Rule #1: Munchies aren’t just for people who are high.
- Rule #2: If you are high, don’t act like you won’t make this.
- Rule #3: If you’re too high to make this, grab a bag of Cheetos.
- Rule #4: If you’re out of Cheetos that’s because you’re high.
- Rule #5: If Rule #4 applies to you, see Rule #2.
Okay so if you’re a fan of Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizza then you shouldn’t have any problems with this! Just a small description and I’ll let you get to it!
This is a “mini” Mexican Pizza because I’m using Mission brand’s “Street Tacos” for my flour tortillas. These are 5″-6″ tortillas and the smallest I can find at my local grocery store and Walmart. I feel like making this small in size makes it more of a munchie than using large tortillas. But hey, don’t let that stop you from making this to whatever sized tortilla you choose!
What is a Mexican Pizza? It’s pretty much a quesadilla, only the top tortilla gets ingredients on top in addition to meat and cheese in the middle, as opposed to a traditional quesadilla where everything is sandwiched between the tortillas.
I like the use of taco sauce and it really makes this, so spend the extra $2 on a squeeze bottle of taco sauce. Also Hellmann’s makes a selection of creamy ranch style sauces that are in a tiny squeeze bottle for about $2-$3, try one of those as well! It boosts the flavor and helps with presentation.
Okay so it’s not that complicated as you can see, so I’ll let you get to it! Munch on!
Ingredients: (Makes 1 Serving)
- 2 Flour Tortillas, small size, 5″-6″ Tortillas.
- 1 lbs. Ground Beef.
- 1 Ounce Taco Seasoning Packet.
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese, 4 oz. block form (Monterey or Cheddar).
- Drizzle of Taco Sauce.
- Drizzle of Jalapeno Ranch Sauce.
- Garnish of Sliced Jalapenos and Sliced Black Olives.
Nutrition Facts: (Per 1 Serving)
- Calories: 780
- Total Fat 54.1g
- Saturated Fat 21.2g
- Cholesterol 148mg
- Sodium 1239mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g
- Total Sugars 3.4g
- Protein 43.4g
- Vitamin D 7mcg
- Calcium 484mg
- Iron 5mg
- Potassium 396mg
- In a 10″ skillet over medium heat, cook down 1 lbs. ground beef until browned. Add in taco seasoning and mix until fully combined. Once seasoning is combined with ground beef, remove from heat and strain in a colander.
- Return skillet to heat and add in two small flour tortillas. Heat until crispy then top both tortillas with shredded cheese.
- Add taco meat and taco sauce to one of the tortillas. If you don’t have taco sauce make do! Salsa works great, even good old fashioned hot sauce!
- Stack the tortilla with only cheese on top of the tortilla with cheese, meat, and sauce. You’ll want to leave this cheese side up! Otherwise, you’re just making a quesadilla.
- Remove from heat and top with sliced jalapenos, sliced black olives, and a drizzle of taco sauce and Hellmann’s Jalapeno Ranch for flavor and presentation!