This recipe is for an easy-to-make Katsu Sando which is perfect for leftover Ton Katsu! Pack it up as leftovers in your refrigerator and take it to lunch the next day!
This recipe is designed for utilizing left over fried pork cutlets from a previous dinner, so the full process of cooking the Tonkatsu or making the sauce is not in this video it’s just the sandwich. However, the full recipes on how to make Tonkatsu and an easy restaurant version of the sauce are below. Enjoy!
Japanese Tonkatsu: https://youtu.be/SP-QPoN0xR0
Easy Restaurant Tonkatsu Sauce: https://youtu.be/NqY4tUGmAuI
Ingredients: (Serves 1)
- 2 slices of white bread
- 1 fried pork cutlet (Tonkatsu)
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1.5 ounces Tonkatsu sauce
- 1/3 cup julienned cabbage
- Take a head of cabbage and slice off three to four leaves from the side. If you slice off cabbage in the wrong direction it will shred the way you might cut it for some coleslaw recipes, not allowing you to julienne. Once you have a few good leaves stack them up and julienne cut very fine to create matchsticks.
- Cut the crust off of your bread.
- Add a dollop of mayo to the bottom slice of bread.
- Add julienned cabbage.
- Add Tonkatsu.
- Add Tonkatsu sauce.
- Finish with top slice of bread, cut in half, and enjoy!