This sauce is built for restaurant speed and cost efficiency while capturing the East Asia Pacific Island culinary taste of Japan. Designed specifically for Ton Katsu とんかつ, a fried pork cutlet.
Easy to make in minutes, but only a little sauce adds a wonderful flavor to the Japanese Tonkatsu dish. I used this sauce in both of my recipes for Japanese Tonkatsu https://youtu.be/SP-QPoN0xR0 and the Tonkatsu Sandwich https://youtu.be/ajtcqiWDvOs
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Minced Ginger
- 1/2 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Get a mixing bowl and a whisk ready, and gather all ingredients.
- In mixing bowl, add Ketchup, Soy Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, Oyster Sauce, Minced Garlic, Minced Ginger, and Brown Sugar.
- Whisk ingredients together until sugar dissolves and ingredients are well combined to form a sauce.
- Serve directly over Tonkatsu, or store for later. May be refrigerated at 41° Fahrenheit for one week.